Now is the time to act! In the United Kingdom, apply for the 2022 Common Shared Scholarship PHEC Study Award. It is a scholarship that is available to all international students from Commonwealth nations.
The common shared scholarship is for individuals from the Commonwealth’s least developed and lower-middle income nations who want to study full-time for a Master’s degree on selected programmes at UK universities.
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme (CSS), which is funded by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and LSHTM, allows outstanding and motivated individuals to learn the knowledge and skills needed to assist sustainable development. These scholarships are for talented persons with the capacity to make a difference who would not be able to afford to study in the UK otherwise.
Students who wish to commence study in UK for the 2022/2023 academic year are eligible to apply
Number of Award: 4
For this session, Commonwealth Scholarship Commission UK (CSC) and LSHTM are offering four awards under the CSSS ‘Strengthening health systems and capacity’ theme for MSc Public Health for Eye Care programme.
Each scholarship award will provide:
- CSC-approved air ticket from the nearest international airport in the student’s home country to London, and return air ticket at the end of the award, for the student
- MSc Public Health for Development tuition fees (at the overseas fee rate, and including the mandatory field trip fee)
- GBP 1,390.00 monthly maintenance stipend (London metropolitan area rate)
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Reimbursement of mandatory tuberculosis (TB) test fees, when required for a visa application, at a pre-determined amount set by the CSC
- Grants to contribute towards study-related costs (thesis grant and study travel grant)
- Excess baggage allowance for return home up to the specific rate as set by the CSC
- Disability Support Allowance for personal living costs (if eligible)
- For Scholars who are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of GBP 485.00 per month for the first child, and GBP 120.00 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if the children accompany the student and are living with them at the same address in the UK.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply for these scholarships applicants must meet every one of the eligibility criteria below and complete both application steps by the scholarship application deadline of Monday 20 December 2021.
- Applicants must be permanently and continually resident in an eligible Commonwealth country*.
- Applicants must be available to start their academic studies in the UK at the start of the 2022-23 academic year (September 2022).
- Applicants must hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a lower second class level (2:2) plus a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree) by September 2022. CSC cannot accept work experience in lieu of this minimum academic qualification. Neither will CSC fund a second UK Master’s degree, unless suitable justification for this is submitted. Please do not apply unless you meet the CSC minimum requirements.
- Applicants must be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue their proposed course of study and meet LSHTM’s English language proficiency requirements.
- Applicants must not have studied for one academic year or more in a high-income country (for CSC purposes this is classified as a country which does not appear on the DAC list of ODA recipients).
- Applicants must not have worked for one year or more in a high-income country (for CSC purposes this is classified as a country which does not appear on the DAC list of ODA recipients).
- Applicants must confirm that neither they nor their families would otherwise be able to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
- Applicants must commit to return to their home country within one month of the end of the end of their award.
- Applicants must supply all supporting documentation in the required format.
How to Apply for 2022 Common Shared Scholarship PHEC Study Award in UK:
Submit a complete application for study for 2022-23 MSc Public Health for Eye Care.
Submit a complete CSSS application for funding via the CSC’s online application system.